If anyone knows how to sleep, it’s a puppy.
After running around in circles for 20 minutes, barking at anything and everything, they tend to tire out and flop down for a long, well-deserved nap. Or two. Or three.
In fact, just like human babies, puppies need plenty of sleep to help their brains develop, and it’s not unusual for older puppies to spend up to 18 hours of the day in dreamland!
Most puppies nap in short spurts as opposed to getting a full-length snooze, which is why you’ll often see them going between hyperactive and completely zonked out. As they get older, these naps become less frequent, though most older dogs spend up to 14 hours a day asleep.
Man, I wish I could be a puppy. Playtime, nap time, food time…sounds like the life to me!
But alas, I am merely a human, so in the meantime, I’ll enjoy these puppies who manage to fall asleep for their coveted snooze in a number of strange and extraordinary sleeping positions, and I hope you do too.
Please SHARE these puppies taking a snooze in strange positions with the people you love!
1. “Won’t you take me along for the ride?”
2. “I call this position the suspension bridge.”
3. “Paws up!”
4. “Puppies and piglets, oh my!”
5. “Well, this is awkward…”
6. “Just getting some shut eye.”
7. “The cat makes this look so comfortable…”
8. “All together now…”
10. “One side table, so many different ways to snooze…”
11. “I’ll sleep anywhere, and I mean anywhere…”
12. “Read me off to dreamland.”
13. “Flat on your back is the best way to catch some Zzzz’s!”
14. “Sweet dreams are made of this.”
15. “I’m all tuckered out, and you make for a great bed in a pinch.”
16. “Dinner time, nap time…rinse, repeat.”
17. “This position takes concentrated effort.”
18. “Aaaand stretch it out!”
19. “I call this the pretzel twist.”
20. “Who needs a bed when you can be a snake?”
Please SHARE these precious puppies sleeping in extraordinary positions!