Baby Girl Saves Mom And Dad From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Kyle and Monique Ruppel were used to their baby girl waking up about once in the middle of the night. The parents knew that it was a necessary nuisance to tend to their little one in the wee hours of the night, but on one particular day, something was off. Their baby, little Celia, kept waking up, crying. The tike could not get to bed. The parents were perplexed, until they realized something was wrong with them, too.

At 3 in the morning, Kyle and Monique struggled to get out of bed, but they knew they had to make it to their crying daughter. The parents felt dizzy, their eyes were burning. Then suddenly, Kyle collapsed to the ground. What was going on? What was Celia trying to tell them with her sobs? After they called 911 and discovered what had really happened, Monique had to share the story of how her baby girl saved their lives in a single instant…


“This precious little angel did something extraordinary. Something she will not fully understand until she is grown. She literally saved our lives. Celia typically wakes once per night. We always get up with her and help her back to sleep. On Friday at 3 a.m., she stirred for the second time,” she wrote on Facebook.


“I attempted to make my way to her room but only made it a few feet before being completely overwhelmed with vertigo. Kyle immediately woke and we quickly realized something was wrong. We both suffered from dizziness, headache, nausea, and burning eyes. We packed a bag and woke Celia. She began vomiting and as I held her my cat collapsed at my feet. Luckily Kyle’s parents arrived to help right before he collapsed. He came to right away and 911 was called. We were all taken to the hospital.”



“We were promptly treated for carbon monoxide poisoning by wonderful doctors and nurses. They took every precaution and air-lifted us to Vancouver for treatment. We underwent three, 2.5-hour dives in a Hyperbaric Chamber. We are all feeling very well and expected to make a full recovery.

The support we have received this weekend has been incredible. We thank all our friends and family for helping us through.”


“Please ensure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector and that it works. We are so thankful Celia woke us. We often wished she would sleep through the night but we do not feel that way anymore. Our sweet sweet baby saved us all.”

Please SHARE to encourage others to be safe and not sorry and get a carbon monoxide detector!



Please support the site
Please Like us for daily updates